Did you know that at University of Waterloo, you can complete your Masters in English Literature, Rhetoric and Communication Design, or Experimental Digital Media through co-op? Our employers have ranged from Cineplex Entertainment and TD Bank to the Waterloo Region Museum and the Stratford Festival.
How co-op works
The expected distribution of work/study is 2 academic semesters, 2 work semesters, and the final 1 academic semester.
What co-op offers
- the ability to gain real-world experience while earning money to pay for university
- a change of pace, with alternating work and study terms
- the chance to network with potential employers
- the opportunity to develop a resume to attract future employers
Our support for you
In addition to support with the employment process through the University of Waterloo’s centre for Co-operative Education and Career Action, we also offer a Professional Development course (PD 601). Topics include:
- Co-op Survival Skills
- Resume Writing
- Employer/Student Perspectives
- Interview Skills and Techniques
- Job Search Strategies
Recent co-op positions
Cost and Planning Analyst
Policy and Communications Intern
You can watch a video or consult our website to learn more. Specific questions can be directed to our graduate secretary, Mélanie Lafrance. Examples of current graduate course offerings are available online.