Submitted by Amber West.
Ever wanted to make a video game? Think you have the chops?
On Friday, April 26, Kitchener City Hall Rotunda will host the first annual Games Institute game design workshop and tournament, “Make a Game or DIY Trying.” With no programming experience necessary, attendees will be treated to a full day specifically devoted to game design and entering the video game industry.
The morning will feature game design workshops and panels led by video game industry professionals. Confirmed panelists will include:
- Dr. Neil Randall, Director of The Games Institute
- Ian Crawford from Electronic Arts Canada
- Andrew Matlock from Industry Corp
- Rashid Khan from InfiniDy
- Ivan Lukianchuk from Will Pwn 4 Food
The afternoon will be spent in groups, working on the perfect game design proposal, to be judged by the panelists at the end of the day. The top three proposals will win a prize!
This simple, yet significant event is meant to raise awareness of the Games Institute and raise awareness for the burgeoning video game industry in Kitchener-Waterloo!
- Admission: $5 (Catered lunch will be provided)
- Location: Kitchener City Hall, Rotunda
- 200 King St W, Kitchener, Ontario
- Date: Friday, April 26, 2013
- Time: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM